Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Good things

Spriiiiing is officially here! The season has brought good tidings my way so far. For example: for the first time ever, I successfully fancy parked my car on the first try! I was so proud I took a picture:


Last week we went to a really fancy dinner that we got invited to through Matt's work, and we totally felt like grown ups getting all dressed up on a Wednesday night for dinner at the Grand America Hotel. It was to honor Bishop H. David Burton with the "Giant in our City" award. It was a really neat event, and we felt lucky to be a part of it. Plus we got to see the whole first presidency and the governor!



We did some serious spring cleaning and organizing this weekend. I didn't take before and after pictures but I did take a during picture:


It reminded me of Sunday afternoons growing up when Stephanie and I would have the bright idea of  re-decorating our bedrooms. We would then dump everything on our floor, then get distracted with something and our rooms would stay messy for about 2 weeks. The only difference here is that Matt helped keep the motivation levels up so we only had clothes all over our floor for about a day!




6 comments:

  1. way to marry a motivator!

    my bedroom looks like that right now. must. deal. with clothes disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fancy parking is cool... I just read some article that the truly prepared always fancy park their cars, ready for a quick getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm! Matt used to get the cleaning bug growing up too. He'd say, "Come on Jeff, lets organize this room." Jeff didn't have a choice! Matt would usually end up moving furniture too. Sorry Em, he probably got it from me. But doesn't it feel nice when it's all done? Oh and by the way, nice parking job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You come by the "Sunday-afternoon-reorganize-the-bedroom" thing very naturally. Your Aunt Rebecca and I did it frequently. With similar results. I mean similar to you and Stephanie, not similar to you and Matt. :)

    You both look fantastic in the party picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fun to catch up on your life - I'll have to more often! Great picture of you both at the dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i totally did the same this weekend! i randomly started pulling clothes off the hangers and everything out of my drawers! we're out of huge garbage bags to put all my clothes in i'm giving away... so they're just sitting (neatly folded) but still in the middle of my dressing room!

    ReplyDelete