Tuesday, July 26, 2011

cooking


I love to cook. I love to eat. After hours and hours of "thinking work" with nothing tangible to show for it, it feels really good to come home and use my hands to chop and peel and grill and bake and actually have something delicious to eat. It feels meaningful. I read a book a couple years ago called Shop Class as Soulcraft that really resonated with my feelings on practical work. It made me gain a newfound appreciation for cooking, cleaning, yard work, service projects,  manual labor, pretty much anything other than research and writing. (Oh do I sound bitter about my thesis? Weird.)

I don't think I've ever apologized for the awful picture quality we have on here. On top of having a less than stellar camera, we basically live in a bat cave and don't get much natural light inside. Hence, the blurry dark photos. We did just inherit a nicer camera though (thanks parents!) and once I learn how to use it, maybe the food pics will look more appealing! I promise they taste good though. Here are some randoms from the last few weeks.

Spinach and artichoke grilled chicken


Artichokes nom nom. Good excuse to eat a stick of melted butter. 


Gazpacho- one of my favorite food memories from Spain


My attempt at 4th of July flag pancakes haha



3 comments:

  1. I agree with the 'something to show' for all your hard work AND even with your bad camera and lighting - the food you make STILL looks DElicious! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you even attempted flag pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm you are making me hungry, I love when you blog!

    ReplyDelete