Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Dad's Day

I had Mariah wake up Matt by putting a piece of bacon in his mouth. Mostly for my own amusement.


We had a slow morning with chocolate chip pancakes, watching Matt open his cards and gifts, and baby play time on the floor.

Mariah got her dad a new football so she can learn to play catch with him, and I got him some Big Daddy Size root beer and a gift card for Ray's Barber Shop. Mariah also scribbled a card for Matt but I think it might have gotten chewed up somewhere.

How on earth did I get so lucky to have these two? 




We call her Queen Kong when she climbs on the fireplace like a gorilla, and sometimes waves her hands around and shrieks and pounds on the fireplace glass.

Matt is such a caring, affectionate, and fun loving dad for Mariah. She loves wrestling and climbing all over him. 

Everywhere we go, people comment how much Mariah looks like Matt. I love it.


She loves practicing walking across his chest.


So, I've been really into grilling lately, and trying to perfect our steak techniques. I had read a lot about it over the last week, and was convinced that I was going to serve up the best Father's Day Steak the world (or at least my husband) had ever seen. I insisted on doing the whole process. I bought a nice looking rib-eye, remembered to bring it to room temp and season it in advance, and went out to heat the grill. I went inside to prep the asparagus, and when I went back out with the tray of food to put on the grill, the whole thing was on fire. Like, giant flames, black smoke. Hahahahahah. I was scared the house was going to burn down, so I yelled for Matt to come outside and he saved the day. Still not sure what happened there. I was a little gun shy of the grill at that point, so he finished up dinner while I french fried some potatoes. We celebrated the fact that we still had a roof over our heads. Happy Father's Day to you.

3 comments:

  1. Emily, you made me LOL again! :) Loved your grilling story. These pics are sooooo cute! Looking at your menus and gifts for father's day I'd say you know Matt VERY well!! He's lucky to have such a beautiful, attentive, smart, chef for his bride! (I love Queen Kong Mariah. Is that a Matt nick name???)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the black and white pics of Matt and Mariah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pics just keep getting better and better! And I always love the stories, too!!

    ReplyDelete