Thursday, September 4, 2014

Blueberry Picking

We loved having Jenna visit us last month! On our way to drop her off at the airport, we brought her with us to pick blueberries at Kuras Berry Farm.


Too bad Jenna couldn't bring all her blueberries with her, but I think she still got a bag full on the plane.

We also met up with some of Mariah's BFFs.


(Adrienne, this picture of Mariah totally reminds me of Megan.) 




Christina and Alarie showed up in matching outfits- I love when that happens. Smart people thought ahead and wore black to hide berry stains. Noted for next time.

Mariah was so concerned that Tyson wasn't actually collecting any berries (he was too busy eating them) so she kept taking handfuls out of her bucket to give to him.


 

We came home with about 10 pounds of blueberries. That's a lot of blueberries. A LOT of them were gobbled up in the first few days. After making blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes, with the leftovers I froze a bunch, then was inspired to make jam. I made it with just blueberries, a little lemon juice, some pure maple syrup and honey. Then I canned for the first time ever! To paraphrase my sister Rebecca, I was feeling more Mormon by the minute ;)


1 comment:

  1. Your fruit picking adventures look so fun. You seriously can do so great canning with all of those farms back there. That blueberry jam looks soooo delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete