Tuesday, December 9, 2014

First Snow of the Season

The day before Thanksgiving we had our first snow storm of the season, complete with a short power outage and everything. As soon as the snow started falling, Mariah was asking to "go make a noman outside wif daddy!" Matt was working from home due to the weather, so when there was enough snow on the ground that was exactly what they did.



The cutest vague representation of a snowman. Mariah was so proud and talked about it for days. 




Teaching her how to make snow angels. My heart melted.



Bonus: I got to watch from the warmth and comfort of our apartment while I made paleo pumpkin cookies (actually I used acorn squash). I am of the mindset that the best kind of winter activities are the kind that don't involve really touching any snow.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word. That is the cutest thing (those pics of the snow angels). We miss you guys tons. We need to make a trip out to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I especially love the top one and the captures of Matt teaching Mariah about snow angels. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me LOL! That "abstract" snowman, Matt's best kind of art! :) The snow angel pics are pretty darn cute too. I'm still smiling as I write this thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete