Monday, November 15, 2010

Birthday Month!

I love that Matt and I have our birthdays in the same month, and I love that mine comes first so for a few weeks I feel like I am catching up to him in age. And although we do share the same birthstone, we do not share the same astrological sign. Not surprisingly. 
Anywaaays, first of all, thank you all SO MUCH for the birthday wishes! It was the perfect birthday. I absolutely have the best in-laws anybody could ask for, not to mention the best husband who always seems to know how to plan a perfect day (and keep it a secret). Also, Elizabeth came to visit!! Our very first house guest.  How sweet.




Highlights of my birthday- 

Getting sushi for lunch with Elizabeth, then doing arts and crafts at home on the floor.

 Later,  I came home from work to find Matt with a big bouquet of flowers and a very sweet note. 
Matt took me out to dinner at Market Street Grill (YUM!) then told me we were going to meet up with Elizabeth to go bowling. I wasn't too keen on the bowling idea so I kept trying to convince him to go somewhere else. 

He finally convinced me, so we went to the bowling alley and I was very surprised to be met with a bunch of our friends! Our lanes and tables were even decorated with balloons, and I kind of felt like I was 12, but I loved it. One of our friends even brought me a gluten free RED VELVET CAKE which was super delicious. Good times with good friends... we did manage to get a picture of most of us.


2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a great day. I laughed at the bowling comment. Typical Matt to plan some sort of sport night for your party, ha ha! The guys probably wouldn't have come otherwise. Hey, I have an idea! How about an art exhibit for his birthday!!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha that's exactly what I was thinking! I told him we will paint pottery for his birthday party :) !

    ReplyDelete