Monday, November 22, 2010

La la.

I'm sick. Not quite sick enough to miss work, but definitely sick enough to sit on the couch all weekend long and do absolutely nothing. That's not true. If productivity was measured by how many old t.v. episodes I watched, then I got a LOT done. We watched half of season two of Lie to Me, I caught up on ANTM (if you don't know what that stands for, then I would be embarrassed to tell you that I love it.), and Community, and also watched my Netflix pick of the week- Josie and the Pussycats :) . Don't let my picks of girly shows make you feel bad for Matt. We watched football yesterday. all. day. long. Except for when we took a break to play baseball on the Xbox.  (I'll be honest- I had a lot of fun playing.)

Speaking of give and take, Matt has been encouraging me to de-clutter some of my boxes of "treasures".  This is really, really, really hard for me. To come to terms with it, I started making some video scrapbooks of all my things so I can talk about them before I throw them away. Pretty sure these videos would be painfully boring for anybody but me to watch, but I might post them anyways so I can pretend other people want to hear about every movie, concert, and play  I attended in high school, or seeing every little trinket and souvenir I collected in China.

P.S. Stephanie visited last week and it was SO FUN having her here, I just wish it could've been longer. It's always hard saying goodbye to family. We also got to see Jenna for a VERY short time, I wish she could've stayed at least another night or two!

P.P.S. We leave for Phoenix TOMORROW! Goodbye Winter Dreadful-land, hello sunny desert.

P.P.P.S. I am proud to report that I am actually making progress on my thesis. This too shall pass.

3 comments:

  1. Aw Em feel better. I hear you about getting rid of old trinkets. It was difficult for me to do too. Mike was pretty ruthless and gave me one small box for my childhood and one for high school stuff. After 7 moves it sure made things easier and I haven't missed any of it so don't fret too much. BTW I had to google ANTM- too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Niki! I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in fighting my pack rat habits :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm, Matt has about 5 boxes here of his highschool, mission stuff. He seems to want them to have a permanent home in our attic. It will be fun to watch him go through those. Although I do know he does not seem to get very sentimentally attached to old stuff. (Unlike his Dad. :)

    ReplyDelete