Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Looooove Day

I told Matt that I would plan and execute Valentine's Day activities. Just because.
We began with a course of pancakes (gluten-free Bisquick is available now!) with little snausages.



Then I got carried away with a little chocolate making project. Why limit yourself to hearts when you can write chocolate love notes!




Dinner plans that evening got off to a late start due to one of my little abacus students getting very sick... all over the classroom carpet. Way gross. Anyways, Stephanie had recommended this restaurant to me awhile ago. IT IS REALLY DELICIOUS. Dare I say... superdelicious. I am restraining myself from writing a really lengthy restaurant review that details every menu item. 

And then I fell in love. with food. all over again. I had pear and brie cheese pizza with white truffle oil.  As my dear friend Rachael Ray would say, "yum-o".


Matt had pepperoni pizza. Way to stick with the classics.



 Below is the rest of my chocolate making project.


Dessert was milkshakes with the little chocolate lacy heart and raspberries.


In spite of the fact that I insisted on planning everything that day, Matt still managed to surprise me with a few tricks up his sleeve :)
Hope you all had a great Valentine's <3!

5 comments:

  1. The food all looks wonderful - and I'm really impressed with the chocolate hearts. Looks like a wonderful Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. matts pizza looks like the best version of pepperoni on the planet! huge slices of meat! and i love those choco hearts, you'll have to tell me how you did it! and breakfast is my favorite meal so i don't even need to say how much i love those little heart gluten free pancakes. i'll probably be getting that gluten free business soon.

    man i wish you were my valentine now :-*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily—you are so amazing and inspire me! I love all that you did for <3 day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Emily! Matt's a lucky man to have such a creative wife. (Especially in the kitchen!) Glad you had a fun first Valentine's day as a married couple.
    PS. I would love to hear what Matt's tricks were. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, looks like someone changed things on MY computer again. Arrrgh! The above and this comment are from Janis.

    ReplyDelete