Wednesday, August 15, 2012

31, 32, 33.5 Weeks




About a month and a half until the due date! The weeks go by quickly, and I find myself getting very emotional when I think about not being pregnant anymore. I know this is really annoying for some pregnant people to hear, but I have really been feeling pretty good these last few weeks and most of the time I love being pregnant. Like a lot of women, I haven't always had the best body-esteem and have often been overly critical and unkind to myself, so it's surprised me that being pregnant has made me love and appreciate my body more than ever- weight gain, hormones and all. I can grow a baby! I love this 8 year old's description of some awesome things about being female.

After tonight, we'll be halfway done with our HypnoBirthing classes- I have been loving it! It's fun taking a class together and learning new things, and I actually look forward to doing the homework, reading the textbook, and practicing the techniques. As part of our preparation, we listen to a "Rainbow Relaxations" and "Birth Affirmations" recording every night before bed. I don't even care how weird it sounds- it's been really helpful so far! A lot of our friends had warned us about all the weird people in their childbirth classes. We think all the couples in our class are pretty nice and normal, which makes me think maybe we're the weird ones.

I had a really lovely baby shower on Saturday. I felt very loved and SO appreciate everyone who was there (in person and in spirit!). Major thanks to Andrea and Jenna for putting together such a beautiful, fun, and delicious morning! I'll post those pictures later this week.

Also, quick shout out to my belly button: thanks a ton for staying in and not poking out, I really appreciate it, keep hanging in there for these final weeks, k? 

7 comments:

  1. I'm so beyond excited. Also I really really wish I could have been there Saturday and can't wait till you post photos. And I'd love to listen to hypnobirthing cds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whose the teacher of your hypnobirthing class? phil's aunt launi teaches some in orem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh cool! our teacher's name is Kim, we're taking classes at St. Marks in Holladay. maybe they know each other :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome, awesome. Amy's belly button is still an inny and she's got her fingers crossed it'll stay that way. Just 4 more weeks! (What do you do if it goes outtie anyway? Just pop it back in when it's done?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah yeah i've heard it goes back to normal after anyways so it's probably not too big a deal. but it's the little things!

      Delete
  4. Women DO rule! That 8 year old was spot on with that list! Haha! Also, I love that you and Matt are taking a class together, I am SURE it will pay off when it comes time to deliver her! And way to go belly button! ;) love you so very much Emily!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You very cute pregnant. My belly button never poked out but it did go flat once, that was weird.

    ReplyDelete