Sunday, August 26, 2012

34, 35 Weeks



I asked Matt to stand in the designated photo spot for a second so I could adjust the camera settings, and he tried out a maternity pose of his own. Cute.


Baby: Babins is estimated to weigh around 5.5 pounds now. At my appointment a little over a week ago, I asked the doctor to point out to me where all her body parts were so I could know which movements were from which limb. It felt really funny when he used enough pressure with his hands to feel exactly where her  head, back, and bum are. She is about where I had guessed: head down, facing left, with her back curled up on my right side, most of the movement is from her knees and back squirming around, and the painful jabs on my far left side are her heels digging into my side. At my next appointment in about 2 weeks babins will be close to full term and the doctor said she's fine to come after that! I just hope she gets the memo: not too early, not too late, please :)

Feeling: Large and in charge. I guess I've reached that stage where my belly has become fair game for conversation from strangers. For the most part, I don't mind at all and think it's nice when waitresses and cashiers take the time to ask me when the baby is coming, and then show me pictures of their own kids. My least favorite comment was from an old man at a luau: "Hahah- looks like you had a little too much to eat!" because I didn't know how much of that was a joke about the prego belly and how much of it was a comment on how high my plate was piled with food. 

Also, nesting has become a serious issue. After an embarrassing number of trips to various stores at all hours of the day and night over the last couple weeks, I have next to nothing to show for it since I had a minor meltdown/identity crisis and returned everything. But I'm hoping to get myself (and the baby's room) together this week. Pictures will follow if all goes well.

Foodsies: I love water and bananas. Sweet tooth is demanding satisfaction and it forced me to make mini berry pies. 


7 comments:

  1. Still looking so cute! Matt looks pretty good too I guess. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The count down begins!! You still look fabulous and glowing. Matt-ha ha, so funny. He has habit of doing those silly camera poses.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha, I have noticed that it's reached the point where people are feel free to comment as well. This very nice man who worked in the meat section at Winco offered me some advice for after the baby when I couldn't poo. I was really glad I am not a first time mom so instead of being shocked, I actually appreciated that he cared. (PS Apparently Mexican zucchini is amazing for this problem. Take note.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahaha that is great. i think only pregnant people get constipation advice from strangers

      Delete
  4. You look great and are almost there!! I love the free/awkward advice and comments given from strangers. For some reason it opens the flood gates for any and everything to come out of their mouth. Keep blogging! I love reading your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously hot pregnant mama! (and points for Matt for striking a pose!) I love the details…oh Emily…you're going to be such an amazing Mom! I think the added commentary to a pregnant lady's life is to help prepare them for the continued commentary on parenting (yes, it continues, lovely no?!) ;)

    love you SO SO SO SO much!

    ReplyDelete