Monday, October 22, 2012

A Few Firsts

I love that Mariah gets to have brand new experiences just about every day. I like to pretend she has at least some idea of what's going on because it makes me excited for her.

Here was our first outing, to the doctor's office at 4 days old.



First bath at home. It still takes two of us to do almost everything :)



Getting ready for her first walk outside. Getting the mail has been our big thrill of the day for these first couple weeks.

Today was her 2 week check-up, and it was my first time driving her anywhere by myself. I was super nervous about it, but it went fine. I had totally forgotten that she had to have her heel pricked again for the PKU test today, and was not emotionally equipped for it. She was just fine by the time we got home, unlike me. The good news is that she weighed in at a healthy 8 lb 8 oz and measured 20 in. About a whole pound and a whole inch bigger! I love this tiny body.

9 comments:

  1. Yay, an update! With great pictures and stories and everything! Excited to see you again next week and hold that little kitten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The PKU heel prick is sooo sad. I cried along with Audrey! It took me much longer to recover than it did Audrey, though, thankfully. Mariah is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she is so cute! And i know I hate when either of my kids have to get shots. But at least they are so little they forget pretty quickly what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah more pictures and story updates! I too remember getting a bit emotional when my first got her first doctor shots/tests. Both Mariah and you look beautiful. Miss those snuggles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS That's a handsome daddy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hooray for more updates and photos!!! you look WAY TO HOT to be going to get the mail - seriously - you look incredible, and have the most adorable accessory!
    Also, I remember the first time I had to drive with Lyla in the car - very scary - but you did it like a pro! Way to go momma! You're amazing and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job with the pictures. I told AJ that you are my guide to how many pictures need to be taken. (Poor third kid! I don't want to be that mom, but it's kind of too late.) You really do look fantastic, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say you look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete