Monday, April 22, 2013

PSA: Mom Brain

I would like to make a public service announcement about this very real, and very serious condition that I am currently suffering from. It is called Mom Brain. I believe it is an advanced form of Pregnancy Brain. Symptoms vary, but a few experiences that keyed me in to my condition are the following:


  • Went to pick up pizza. Was 97% sure I had actually purchased the pizza but when I got home there was no pizza to be found. Had vague memory of leaving pizza on top of car. Drive back on same path but did not find pizza. Ask cashier if they have seen my lost pizza. Met with confused, pitiful look. They offer me a free pizza as a condolence. On the way home I find lost pizza baking in the sun in middle of pavement. Bring home roadkill pizza along with pity pizza. Eat both. 
  • Find restaurant table beeper in my diaper bag. Have no recollection of what this is or how it got there. Matt reminds me where we went out to eat the prior weekend. I return to restaurant and dig through my bag to return the beeper. Cannot find it anywhere. Oops. Go back home and find that it was in my bag all along. (Return attempt number two was successful.) 
  • Be outside all day, meet up with friends at playgroup, and see lots of people. Return home at end of day and notice that my pants are inside out. Perfect.
  • Get out of shower, blow dry my hair. Weird texture, still wet. Forgot to wash out shampoo and conditioner. 
Is there hope for recovery?

12 comments:

  1. Haha so funny! Well at least you can laugh about it later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha! For your sake I hope there is recovery. For my sake, I hope not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing my head off. Really.
    I think my favorite line: Bring home roadkill pizza along with pity pizza. Eat both.

    Hope for recovery? Ask my children. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! So funny Emily. Mom brain is a real phenomenon! Unfortunately, it continues to progress into Grandma brain!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahagagahahaha this is awesome!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No hope for recovery. Sorry. I'm still suffering from it. Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! It was so good to see you. Thanks for making the time to come to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, literally. Yep, still laughing. (Last week I went to my dentist appointment six days early. It was even on my calendar correctly.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have revisited this page and retold the story because it is just that good. You are the bomb, and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am still laughing...at myself, too!:)

    ReplyDelete