Tuesday, May 14, 2013

7 months


7 months baby!
Mariah has her two bottom teeth, is in size 2 diapers and 6-9 month clothes, is blabbering and shrieking constantly, learning to crawl around and getting into mischief, and her hair gets longer every time she wakes up.

Mariah likes:
Saying mama, dada, and baba
Whispering
Giving big slobbery kisses (on command!)
Scooting all over the room (not quite real crawling yet, but she gets around fast pushing with her toes)
Sitting in a high chair at restaurants!
Eating. New foods lately: millet, strawberries, spinach, grapefruit, green beans, mangoes...I'm starting to lose track. She eats everything with total nonchalance, like she's been eating it forever. She prefers the sweeter fruits and veggies. She's getting better with finger foods also.
Swishing her spit in her mouth (weird)
Spatula, measuring cups, remote control, water bottle, rattles
Putting things into our mouths, the most entertaining for her is putting her pacifier or my hair into my mouth, and then laughing maniacally
Sleeping! KNOCK ON WOOD. I honestly feel like a new woman this last week. (I wrote this last week. Last night she was up at 10 pm, midnight, 3 am, and 6 am. Heaven help me.)
Being outside. We take her on a long walk just about every day.
Biting. Her favorite things currently are my collarbone and shoes.
One of these mesh feeders, we put frozen fruit in it and she is a happy camper feeding herself.

Mariah does not like:
The back of my head
When I take away shoes from her mouth. I have to draw the line somewhere.
When feeding time is over
Any of our feeble attempts at babyproofing

 Camera bag snack

Sometimes she gets frustrated with her crawling efforts and goes into superman while flailing her arms and legs.


Playing with Aunt Natalie and Uncle Jeff

5 comments:

  1. I can not believe how fast she's growing up. AND I'M MISSING IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these photos and the update! I just love her little puppy self. Can't wait to see you guys again and let her slobber me with kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cute month to month updates and pictures will make a great first year book some day. I second Raquel's post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want one of those on-demand kisses! Love that little gal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is adorable, and you're a great mom.:)

    ReplyDelete