Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October 1

A year ago today I was waddling around on my due date feeling huge, emotional, uncomfortable, and trying every trick in the book to make that baby come out.  I tried to picture how she would look, and what she would be like, and I prayed so hard that she would just be healthy. I looked at this dress hanging in her closet and imagined what kind of baby would fit into it in a year. Now, a year later, I realize I couldn't possibly have imagined how perfect she would be. As cliche as it is, I cannot picture my life without her; she feels like another appendage of mine. I'm so glad she is who she is. She is the brightest joy in our family (and also the loudest). Happy almost birthday...






 (We pick our battles...I guess pine cones are on the approved list)





When Mariah was born, I remember looking ahead to her first birthday, and Stephanie said, "Oh she'll be so fun! She'll be standing...and clapping...!" And I was like, "uhhh....9 months of pregnancy and a year of life and that's all she'll be able to do? Wow...boring....." BUT standing and clapping is the BEST! Every little thing she does is amazing to me.


7 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE that little face! Beautiful pictures, beautiful thoughts. I love you both and can't wait until you get here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's just stunning and so lucky to have you as a mother. It's crazy how much faster the first year goes than pregnancy. We love you little Mariah and are just as excited about your second year on Earth! By year two she'll be chatting up a storm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph is so right about the first year being faster than the pregnancy! What a fun time. These pictures are great! I hope we will be able to see you before she gets much older.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics! Love the post! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful girl. I love watching you as a mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these one year pics! Nothing wrong with a pinecone, just a little extra roughage! Her hugging and loving her bear is so sweet. Just precious. Happy First Birthday Mariah Rose Morris!!! We love you! :)

    ReplyDelete