Friday, September 14, 2012

36, 37, 38 Weeks & time to put your guesses in


38 weeks this weekend...whaaaaat how did that happen.

Baby: Full term! So since I guess theoretically she could come at any time time now (even though it doesn't feel like it's that close yet) put your guesses in for due date and birth height/weight! For full disclosure, at my appointment on the 6th, the doctor actually said babins is feeling and measuring just a tad small so she may need some time to bulk up. As far as timing, I've obviously never done this before so I have absolutely no idea if I'm even getting close, but I am feeling September vibes and hoping she comes maybe a few days before her Oct. 1 due date. Whoever is closest on the stats gets..........the satisfaction of a guess well made.

Feeling: Hungry. It's not quite as bad as the all-day-hand-to-mouth of the first trimester, but it's gotten back to the point where I can't sleep through the night without waking up starving and needing to eat at least once. I sincerely hope the extra food is going straight to the baby, because heaven knows I didn't need 8 waffles for breakfast.

Things I don't like:
  • Sitting down for any prolonged period of time
  • Putting on socks, or pants, or anything that requires balance or bending over
  • Rolling over in the night
Things I do like:
  • Frozen bananas, almond milk, oats, greek yogurt, almond butter smoothie. I have it once or twice a day.
  • Napping to HypnoBirth recordings
  • Enjoying these last peaceful weeks of childless couple time
  • Prenatal massage scheduled for a week from today, I've had full length dreams about it twice already. Cannot wait.
  • Baby kicks. Even the hard ones that kinda hurt.
In the last couple weeks we have:
  • Graduated from HypnoBirth classes and pre-registered at the hospital
  • Installed the car seat base
  • Typed out our "birth preferences"
  • Sewed car seat canopy
  • Bought diapers for the first time!
  • Packed hospital bags
  • Ordered a few baby headbands. Is 15 too many? Didn't think so.

9 comments:

  1. Oh I ADORE this post :) Brings back memories! I'm so glad that you have a massage scheduled! and glad that you got the carseat base in, and diapers in the house - always feels good to be prepared! and no, 15 is not too many, there is never too many!! :) love you Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO excited for her to get here! My guess is September 27th, 7lbs 2 oz, 19 inches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! And you look gorgeous. I'm guessing 6lbs 10oz arriving on September 27th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already put a guess in of September 25th on your last post. (Matt can give me a shoulder massage if I'm right. Or if I'm wrong too. :)
    I think she will be 6lbs. 14ozs. and 19 inches.
    Thanks for the pictures! That has been fun to see. You still look amazing. We are excited to meet Miss Babins soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. no guesses just excited. I really hope she comes early enough so I can hear all about it at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHH I AM SO EXCITED. I am guessing September 28th, 7 lbs 1 oz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say October 1st (my first 2 came on their due dates), 7lbs even, 19 inches long

    ReplyDelete
  8. Using my grandfatherly prognostication skills, I estimate the delivery on September 30, guess the weight at 7 lbs 1 oz, predict the height at 19 and 3/4 inches, prophesy the gender will be female, and guaranty she will be much loved. This is Grandpa Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh. I can't wait until she comes. This is so fun. I'm going to go with Sept 30, 6 lbs 8 oz, and 19 inches long. I keep thinking about you. It's coming so soon, though I totally know it feels like it can't be soon enough.

    ReplyDelete