Friday, August 27, 2010

Times they are a changin'!

It's official! Matt has left his previous job at NAI and has now joined the ranks of true corporate America- CB Richard Ellis. A quick Wikipedia search reveals why this is such a good change.


NA... who? Exactly.

CBRE. That's more like it.

He'll still be doing commercial real estate, and his office is still in downtown Salt Lake.

Now if I can just take a moment to brag about Matt. He is amazing!! This change was not an easy one to make, but after lots of prayers and discussions it's finally happened, and he's handled the transition very well. Overall, we are very excited about the new job!

In other news, this is my last Friday as a stay-at-home mom with no kids. No, we're not expecting. Starting next week, my schedule will get much busier as I begin TAing for my thesis advisor's classes. That's right, I'll actually have a job to go to 5 days a week. I even made a very elaborate Google calendar to help juggle the 3 different job schedules that change on a weekly basis. Just counting down the days until I don't have to commute to Provo. I could probably make the 50 minute drive with my eyes closed, and I've thought about trying it to prove a point, but the slim chance that it wouldn't work out might not be worth it.

I CANNOT BELIEVE that August is almost over! I'm not quite ready for fall. Not ready to say goodbye to days at the pool, picnics, hiking, barbecues, ice cream, long walks, and reading outside. I really hope the warm weather lasts awhile longer.


That's how happy I am in the summertime :)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Matt!! I hope you enjoy your classes and that the students are good to work with. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with Matt's move and your re-entry into the work force. So proud of both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the happy summertime pic. Move to San Diego and you can have summertime year round! And we would get to see you more! Congrats on the new job Matt. I know it took courage to make that change.

    ReplyDelete