Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sometimes cooking requires blood sacrifice...

Steak with strawberry and parmesan salad.

Red Pepper Pasta- Good and good for you! Sauce is just red peppers, garlic, red onion, and a little olive oil. Brown rice pasta. Served with hot italian chicken sausage, made fresh daily at Sunflower Farmers Market- we love it. But not as much as I love the Blendtec! 

Spanakopita (or "spankyouverymmucha" as Matt called it)- Spinach, feta, tapenade, egg, and my first gluten free crust that didn't taste like dog food!


Shish-kabobs! Wednesday is Matt's cooking night since I teach that night and get home later than usual. He led the kabob project and did a wonderful job with the finger food.

And then I cut the corner of my index finger clean off while cutting the bacon for a BLT Salad. Less appetizing "finger food"....ok that is a gross corny joke. Anyways, it was very traumatic but Matt took excellent care of me. Here we are on our  way to his work retreat in Midway. Matt successfully finished the salad and everybody liked it. I also made Pavlova for the first time and it was delicious! I'll definitely do that one again. I'm feeling a lot better today, and now I am just worried that my finger will never look or feel normal again. Everybody cross your fingers (ha ha...) that it will heal well!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your finger. The food looks delicious. You need to send us some recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear your finger is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete