Monday, June 18, 2012

23, 24, 25 Weeks



25 down, 15 to go! I think I've mostly gotten used to the idea that a baby is growing inside, but then the other day I was thinking about it and got really weirded out that another human's brain was growing in me.

We are all registered for our Hypnobirthing childbirth classes! It is a 6 week series of classes that starts in August at the hospital where we're planning to deliver. I'm kind of excited for it.


Feeling: Good still. My stomach definitely gets bigger every time I look down, but it doesn't really feel like it's in the way yet, unless I drop something and realize that I'm not in the mood to bend over and pick it up... unless it's food. I'm still sleeping, moving around, and exercising pretty comfortably.

Food: Normal most of the time, but my favorites lately are spanish olives, feta cheese, wasabi peas, plain greek yogurt (been putting it in EVERYTHING), and movie theater popcorn. I've never really liked movie theater popcorn before, but now it tastes like manna from heaven. We've been back to the same theater (Jordan Commons) a few times over the last couple months since I've convinced myself it's the best. It's for sure more about the popcorn than the movie. Free refills on the extra large suddenly seems like man's greatest invention.

Dreams: How have I not been recording these sooner? Pregnant dreams are freaky. A few that come to mind:
-Going into labor when I was only 8 weeks pregnant and being told to push, while I tried to explain to the doctors that the baby was like the size of a pea. Also, all of our friends and family were eating in the delivery room and wouldn't leave.
-Before the ultrasound, I dreamt a couple times that the baby's body parts were all growing separately, and were supposed to come together later.
-I had a really terrifying dream that I gave birth to a litter of about 20 mini babies at once.
-There have also been some really great dreams where the babins is already here and we get to hang out with her, and she is the best and most perfect thing I've ever seen.

Movement:  Matt has been able to feel the babins kicking! She has been much more active at night lately. Feeling baby kicks together is quickly becoming one of my new favorite pastimes.

Maternity clothes: Trying to transition. My regular clothes are becoming increasingly limited, but most maternity clothes are still too big. Will definitely be shopping this week for clothes that fit. Also, major milestone: somebody who didn't know I was pregnant before asked when the baby was due. Loved it! Feeling very pregnant now.



4 comments:

  1. awww you look the way I DREAMED of looking while pregnant. Aren't the dreams freaky? I'm glad you're feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so darling! Glad everything is going well and I'm so excited to see you THIS WEEK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE! You are definitely one of those moms who are all baby. (No extra around the edges like most of us. :) It's fun to see the growth every few weeks. Thanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAHOOOO YOUR SHOWING!!!! You are so beautiful Emily!! :) Babins better keep 'em kicking!!

    ReplyDelete