Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Great Ohio

Last week was spent in Ohio with my family visiting my dad's old stomping grounds and our extended family out there. The midwest is pretty great. Matt wasn't able to come because of work, and with Chase being on a mission it was an "all-girls party special" + my dad. A collection of pictures from our phones:

Dad's McKinley High School (the high school in Glee!). He said it really hasn't changed too much.

Pro-Football Hall of Fame. We didn't go inside, I just did some football poses outside to send pics to make Matt laugh. Check out my Heisman!


Woody's Root Beer Stand! Delicious!




Grandma Lonas made my dad's favorite pineapple upside-down cake.

Eating wild raspberries by the handful

Catching fireflies


 Kirtland temple


Road trip to Niagara Falls! We did both the Canada and the America sides.

Seesters




Looking back over to Canada

Niagara Falls is truly awesome.

Main Diner on the way back to Canton.

Amish Country!! I got some "Amish Origins Ointment" which heals everything from arthritis to sore throats.

Grandparents' pond




It was really neat being able to see places where my dad and grandparents grew up. We had a family reunion on Sunday with some cousins, second cousins, and a lot of people I kind of know but not really. Everyone is so nice it made me wish we all got to see each other more often.



I spent my last few days there with my cousin Hannah, her husband and their adorable new baby girl. Seriously can't believe we didn't take one picture of us. I LOVED every minute of it, and since Hannah had her baby just a few months ago, the fact that my belly is holding an actual real live baby is a little more real for her than for me. She took this picture of me in the grocery store with the 14" English cucumber (length of babins at 26 weeks!)

I had a really great week, but can't wait until I can bring Matt back there and show him the joys of the root beer stand, catching fireflies, sitting by the pond, and everything else that makes summertime in Ohio so perfect.




6 comments:

  1. Loved having you here!!!! Cant wait to hold babins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a great trip! And you actually look pregnant now :) I can believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great reunion trip! I'm sure your grandparents loved having you all come. Agreeing with Andrea above, you finally look pregnant, finally by your last trimester. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Debbie and your mom just showed me this post and I am borrowing her laptop to comment to tell you that it is so wonderful to see you looking so adorably pregnant!!!! And all the fun things you did!!! Loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a great trip! I love the Seesters picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for documenting the trip so well. Great memories!

    ReplyDelete