Tuesday, October 4, 2011

conference thoughts

(Well my parents are on a cruise which means my blog audience here has decreased by about half.)

I had always wanted to actually write down some questions before General Conference, but had mostly just kept the thoughts in my head. Thanks to a note and wonderful talk sent to me from my mother-in-law the day before conference, I actually did take the time to write some very specific questions down in a notebook and keep it in hand to take notes as I watched the talks. It made such a difference! I really gained a deeper appreciation for our church leaders. In the face of everything we read in magazines or self-help books about how to live or what the most fulfilling life is, it is so refreshing to hear Christ-centered messages that give us true direction.

5 comments:

  1. Good thoughts. You also have more readers than you think:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Half your audience is back! Loved your message here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the suggestion made a difference in your Conference experience. Writing my questions down and having pen and paper in hand has helped me to get so much more personal revelation about what I need to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily! I love your blog, I am totally a follower now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here I am DELURKING myself... I joke, of course I read your blog. Also I really, really, really miss you. So does Madeleine. Come to CA soon!

    ReplyDelete