Saturday, October 29, 2011

To do: Clean out purse.

On today's to do list, Matt made me write "clean out purse." At the risk of looking totally disgusting, I am going to share this post with you.

What is this pile of trash? The contents of my purse, dumped on the floor.


But, wait! What looks like trash actually contains many useful items.



Including:

  • A full meal with dessert (1 oatmeal, 1 nectarine, a bottle of water, and 4 pieces of candy)
  • 5 spoons and 1 fork 
  • A 10 year supply of lip products (4 lipsticks, 3 chapsticks, and 4 lipglosses)
  • 1 nail polish
  • 3 abacuses (abaci?)
  • A small pharmacy (3 prescription medications, 5 over the counter medications, Neosporin, toothpaste, tampons, and sample-sized shaving cream)
  • In case I need to jot something down, I have 8 pens, 4 pencils, and 2 whiteboard markers, and 2 pads of paper
  • Surprisingly, I only found $1.71 in loose change, and in case I find myself back in Costa Rica- 700 colones
  • Oh, and a dragon tattoo, 6 hair ties, some bobby pins, 4 old tickets, several tithing slips, grocery lists, and receipts
  • And like a regular person I do also carry my keys and wallet.


Looking at it now, it looks like I don't really need to pack for India because I have everything a person needs right here already in my purse. Actually, Matt came out, looked at it and said, "Oh good you can throw half that stuff away!" and I had to say "No, this is the pile of things I'm keeping...."  Way to be prepared, self! I actually only put about 1/3 of it back in my purse :)




2 comments:

  1. LOL - I love you! I'm impressed! A FULL MEAL!?! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Emily you did it again!! I am laughing so hard. You really ought to be columnist with daily advice. I really think you would have a following. The funny thing is whenever you speak of what Matt would say or do I totally see/hear!!! :) I love you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete