Monday, October 24, 2011

sunshine and food

Soooo here are some other things from last month:

Matt got me these super fluffy sunshine flowers! Don't you just want to nuzzle your face in them?


I know you probably all think we haven't eaten in like two months since I haven't posted any pics. Let me put your fears to rest. We HAVE eaten a few times since the last time I updated on our food. 

Some kind of farfalle creation with what looks like spinach and/or pesto and parmigiano cheese? 


Open faced tuna salad sandwich on toast. This was GOOD.  


Ok now this, this I had trouble eating because I just wanted to stare at its rainbow colors all night.  I was actually glad I ate it though because I loved it. It is naan bread, spread with garlicky hummus, then topped with roasted butternut squash, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, green bell peppers, and feta. (Also look how much better the new camera works)


This is after it baked, less colorful. Have I talked on here yet about how DELICIOUS baked feta is? When it gets that golden brown crust on top, and it is so gooey and salty in the middle. Melts in your mouth.



Chicken pita pockets. Can't remember what was in there.


This is Matt making me dinner: PB on celery :)


And THIS is the best chicken pot pie I have ever had. I am not lying. But also I think the only chicken pot pies I had ever had before were those mini frozen Swanson's ones. And I heard they went out of business... so the bar wasn't set too high for me...
fresh ginger and nutmeg, creamy cream sauce, I need to remember what else I put in there...


p.s. just to follow up on last week's super dramatic post. things took a major positive turn over the last couple days... :)

4 comments:

  1. Great food shots! It all looks yummy, especially the chicken pot pie. Not Swansons, but really yummy, nonetheless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me hungry. You left us with a cliff hanger. What's the update?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I agree with Megan. What's the update? The food does look delish! Matt making PB on celery was a surprise. Did he eat it? He never would eat peanut butter (except in PB brownies),while growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah that is hilarious...Swansons was totally my standard as well! i attempted a pot pie on Sunday but it did not look as good as yours! :)

    ReplyDelete