Tuesday, October 18, 2011

wah

Are you sick of hearing about my thesis yet? Good. Me too. But seriously here is my last week.
I spent somewhere between 20-30 hours staring at this:



I wrote a lot of words.
Then I would send in a draft and then after two days of anxiety-induced nausea and insomnia, I would get a reply that implied I was not fit for academics. And then I go through this again. And again. It makes me feel really good and worthwhile.


Despite these vile feelings toward everything having to do with my program of study, I applied for December graduation. When I called my grad coordinator to have it processed and approved, she told me I was missing 5 classes. I seriously thought I was in a nightmare and I almost started screaming. Do I sound like a crazy person? Because that is what I feel like. Don't worry though, she realized it was a mistake and fixed it. The deadline for defending this masterful work of art is Dec. 2, so maybe in a couple months this will all be over.  Bad week.








6 comments:

  1. Waaaaaah is right... what an awful week! But I love you to pieces and think you're brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto above comment. Love you and think you are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Emily! This is triplicate of the above comment!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto the WAAAAAAHHHHH. This just shouldn't be happening to such a wonderful girl. Boo...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes. I got stressed just reading that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh...uck...ahhh! I'm so sorry - glad that they realized you weren't really missing 5 classes - pleeeeease let me know in December that this madness is over! love you!

    ReplyDelete