Saturday, May 12, 2012

17,18,19, 20 Weeks


20 WEEKS! Halfway there!



Due date: October 1 still. Everything on the ultrasound measured within a few days so our doctor said we'd stick with this due date.
Sickness: Gone! I've been feeling pretty great the last few weeks. 
Cravings: Still loving the fruit and coconut water, and in addition to that I am finding any possible excuse to eat mustard, and have been downing dill pickle spears by the jar full. Also, cheese has been a go-to for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Aversions: Gone! Finally feel like I have my regular appetite back. 
Heartbeat: We got to SEE it at our ultrasound. Pretty cool. It was at 160 bpm.
Feeling movement: YES! It is the best thing. It makes me smile every time. Over the last few weeks baby girl's movements have become more and more distinct. I feel her moving around every day now. I love it! I can't wait for Matt to be able to feel her moving from the outside. 
Maternity clothes: Not yet. I know I should be glad that I still fit into all my regular clothes (most of them anyway), but mostly I just look/feel really chuffy! I'll be sticking with the loose flowy shirts for another week or two probably.
Names: Since babins is a girl, I think we do have a name picked out. Not making it official any time soon, but if we both still like it and feel like it fits her when she's born then it will be an easy decision. In the meantime, we usually just call her babins :) ( That is pronounced babe-ins. Don't let Matt convince you to call her babbins, or his personal favorite, bilbo babbins)

Now that I'm feeling relatively normal, I'm actually loving being pregnant (I would NOT have said that a month or two ago). The fact that a baby will be here is starting to seem more real now that we've seen her and I can feel her little kicks all the time. Sometimes I wake up feeling like I'm part of some weird sci-fi movie where people grow new people inside themselves. Then I realize that it's real, and remember what a miracle this all is.

5 comments:

  1. So excited to meet little babbins and to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're finally able to really enjoy being pregnant. It's the most miraculous thing in the world... especially when you're not hanging over a toilet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. IDK I kind of like Bilbo Babbins. I used to have the same feeling of being in a sci-fi movie- there's something growing inside of me- oh wait there really is. Weird and cool all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha! Matt is already giving the baby his famous "nick names!" Everyone gets one, I'm sure he will come up with some doozies. I think I can see a little baby bump in that picture, maybe! You look adorable.

    ReplyDelete