Friday, May 4, 2012

Graduation Weekend Food!

Graduating in December at BYU couldn't possibly be less exciting. Since that isn't a popular semester to graduate, they don't do any graduation activities or ceremonies. They basically just mail you your diploma and tell you to come back in 4 months to celebrate. I had to go through this with my bachelors degree as well. The GOOD thing about it, is by the time graduation rolls around, all of those terrible memories of exams and writing are far behind you, so you're actually happy to go back to campus and give yourself a little pat on the back for finishing! So, my parents were in town two weeks ago to celebrate graduation festivities, and it was so much fun having them here! During those few days, we ate really, really well. To me, food is almost always the best way to celebrate :) I need to dedicate this whole post to food pictures, because it was just that good. Each meal just got better and better. 



I kicked off the weekend with some fish tacos from Blue Lemon. They were definitely different from the traditional fish taco, but I really liked them!





The next day we went to City Creek, and we all shared the Enchiladas Suizas from Red Iguana Express for a little snack. I still think Red Iguana is the best Mexican food in Utah, and the Express version in the food court is pretty good. The City Creek food court is about halfway between the COB and Matt's office, so we would walk to meet each other there for lunch a lot over the past year. Most of the time, we'd end up  splitting these enchiladas. They are that good!


That night, we went to the Copper Onion. Matt and I had both heard good things about this place so we were excited to try it. I loved it!! I would definitely like to go back sometime. I got the trout with spaetzle.


Matt got the hamburger. He loves the classics.


Mom and Grandma both got the meatloaf. They shared a little bit with me and I would not hesitate to say it was the best meatloaf I'd ever had.


 Dad got the salmon. REALLY good. 


For dessert I had this yummy warm blueberry pie with freshly made vanilla ice cream. I know it looks about average, but it was the best blueberry pie I'd ever had. Yep, two best evers from the Copper Onion. Make that three- the Meyer Lemon sorbet my mom ordered was also the best.


Matt had the cheesecake.


The next night, we went to Grappa in Park City. This time, I got the salmon. WOW it was good. 


Dad got the cornish game hen, Mom had chicken.


Matt had steak.


Thanks again Mom and Dad for a weekend of culinary delights!


3 comments:

  1. Good memories. :) Thanks for graduating and giving us a great reason to come celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! If you're anything like me- different foods either taste way better or way worse during pregnancy. I had some foods while pregnant and when I go back and try them later (not pregnant) they just don't seem as great as I remember. I hope this isn't the case for you because some of those foods look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I never thought about it that way, but that's probably totally true!

      Delete