Monday, May 14, 2012

Graduation Weekend Part 2 (non-food items)

I didn't want to go to the graduation ceremony, so we just went down to campus, got the cap and gown for about an hour, and my mom took a lot pictures!





It was a fun morning, and in my opinion way better than sitting and waiting for two hours in a crowded stadium before 8 am.

Other things we did that weekend:

We stopped by my old house in Provo. Good times.




We shopped at City Creek and walked around Temple Square. My mom has always wanted to go to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir rehearsal that they do every Thursday night in the tabernacle. I had never been before but was so glad we were able to go! 


We went to the Kennecott Copper Mine. I love it! My dad was excited about this one and I was more than happy to tag along. The mine is just so big, and it's interesting to learn about the copper mining process. We thought it was funny to take pictures in front of the picture of the mine inside of the visitors center, and then I realized I never actually took any pictures of the real thing outside, ha ha.


We had planned to do a hike at Donut Falls in Big Cottonwood Canyon up the road. When we got there, the trail was covered in snow. But, my dad is a mountain man so that didn't stop us.




 My favorite sunglasses these days happen to be broken ones that my friend left in my car last year. I usually reserve them just for driving, but they really wanted to come on the hike with us.


I definitely would not have worn these shoes if I had known we would be snow hiking. My feet were frozen by the end!!




3 comments:

  1. Such exciting happinings and fun memories. Good for you to be so organized to post pictures and journal entries so you have a history or this exciting time in your life.
    Congratulations again on that graduate degree and upcoming motherhood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your idea of graduation does sound better than the 8:00 stuffy room speech. I have the same Keens as you- too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on everything! Lots of exciting and great happenings in your life! And you look darling pregnant:)

    ReplyDelete